Siemens EDA just released VX.2.14. The main trends of the new release of Xpedition are the shift to digital transformation, enabling improved profitability, and faster product releases.
Xpedition VX.2.14 addresses the following problems:
- Growing product complexity (higher speeds, smaller form factors, multi-board systems, cost pressures).
- Increasing organizational complexity (spread geography, changing team discipline; resource efficiency, infrastructure, IP management including reuse).
- R&D process complexity (streamline from requirement to mfg; integrate verification earlier; tie together multiple domains).
Xpedition Design Capture
Managed blocks (incl. nested managed blocks) have now improved technology stability & reliability in complex design scenarios.
EDM integration updates:
- Variant support in EDM Collaborate: ensured symbol replacements, improved review process by exposing the richer and consistent schematic data
- Kerberos authentication support in Databook and Search: enhanced login mechanism, implemented support for the EDM shared session, ensured unified and secure authentication method in EDM ecosystem
Multi-board System Design
Included support of Capital multi-core library cables in Xpedition System Designer. Excluded time-consuming & error-prone manual process to define cable structures.
Library and Design Data Management
- Performed EDM infrastructure technical platform upgrade
- Enhanced support for 3D models
- Implemented nested managed blocks support
- Optimized EDM design memory management system
- Significantly improved EDM usability
Xpedition Layout Editor
- Physical reuse – increased control of cell text edits
- Introduced multiple routing & design enhancements
- Sketch planner / router improvements
- Performance – significant improvements on large design save and load actions
- Enhanced placement of managed blocks
- EDM / NX / Teamcenter integration
- Added improvements to the AVL flow (sharing, usability improvement)
- Additional support for SPICE .EXTRACT command options
- Additional checks for model construct errors
- Updated support for external ADMS/Eldo
- 13 new DFM (Design For Manufacturing) checks
- Component risk assessment (solderability predictions)
For inquiries and support, reach out to Sintecs, the official distributor of Siemens EDA in Poland and the Baltic states, and the official global supplier of HyperLynx solutions.